PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - August 24th
Thread: August 24th
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2005, 21:02
Pass-A-Frozo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perhaps, Pass-a-Frozo, we should switch to MSN. Are you in The States as well because it’s around three in the morning EST in Australia?
Working nights Brisboy. Don't worry though, I'm quiet happy with my pay and conditions though

You seem to differentiate between groups with your next point. Is it OK for some to get this but not others?
No, I don't. You can ask for it. It doesn't mean that your a entitled to it though.

[quote]Is it right for businessmen and politicians to get a 30% pay grab but not wage and salary earners?
You may also recall the vitriolic indignation of the one with 36% in his back pocket together with the other planning his 32%.
/quote]

So what? Just because someone with a totally different skill set , in a totally different field gets a big pay rise you are entitled to it?? That's not how it works!

Equally, just because someone gets away with a disgracefully expensive strike, you think you morally can? Ha!

So let me get your logic right? Some maritime workers cost others more money that you did, so it's ok?

PaF, I was there in 89 and I was not on strike for one single day - and I was available at two hours notice to return to work just as soon as I was allowed to have union representation, something that remains a right to most of not all Australian workers to this day -- but not to airline pilots in 1989.
I'm sorry was that a question? Just because a company tells your "representative" to get bent due to the ridiculous pay request they made doesn't mean you lost your constitutional right.

All I'm saying is you '89 bunch post on here like you are a bunch of hard done by angels. You cost hundreds and thousands of Australian's their jobs by your actions, through your greedy selfishness. Yet you have the gaul to abuse people for taking a job? You lot set the ball rollling, you lot have to take responsibility for your own actions. It's always "someone elses fault" isn't it.

It's the boss's for getting a big pay rise. It's the airlines for telling you to get bent. It's the government's fault. etc. etc. Christ, a LABOR government didn't even support you!

So then if you should be able to have the right to strike regardless of cost to others then you probably support police and defence going on strike??