PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Personal Weapons Etiquet on Entering C-130
Old 7th Oct 2005, 20:07
US Herk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When asked about "various national air forces SOPs", we need to remember that terminology, weapons, weapons conditions/states, & SOPs are all very different.

As the various states/actions taught to me while on the RAF for a short time caused my tiny brain to hurt, I'll devolve to my two septic states: loaded or unloaded.

Loaded = full mag, one up the pipe, hammer down, safety off. Double-action makes noise.

Unloaded = no mag inserted, nothing up the pipe, safety on. Nothing makes noise.

To me, this is far simpler than safe, ready, make safe, load, unload...etc. Granted, there are action differences between the Beretta 92F & the Browning Hi-Power that make this not necessarily an equal translation, however, if there's a mag in, it's a live weapon. Full stop, end of discussion. Treat it as such. Use your national SOPs to make it safe.

As for carriage on the mighty Hercules - I'd prefer you to unload your weapon before boarding. If, however, you'll be deplaning onto a hot LZ, please be sensible.