PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Whats going on at CATC
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2005, 18:49
Northerner

Naughty but Nice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First some get outs...

I'm not at the College, I work in the Black hole where the nightly smell of burnt out cars still prevails.

I've also not been in work for two days.

However, just before I finished my last shift (so three days ago) I read an announcement by Ian Hall that Kevan Quinn was leaving the college to go and work on a bit of Caspian. (to answer Bern Oulli's question)

Now I don't know exactly what reasons are behind this. I'm also not totally au fait with courses at the moment, but I know that the last couple of lots haven't done too well numbers wise. Whether this is a failing at the college, or a failing of the new courses, or merely due to the quality of the student intakes I couldn't say. But perhaps they are trying to do something about it. I sure hope so, because some of the folk I am being asked to mentor these days (and incidentally I love training people, it's a part of my job that I value most) lack some of the most basic of knowledge that I had when I left the college.

I understand the pressures of getting people through asap to get them live asap because there simply aren't enough of us. However, that isn't going to work if we have to train them for much longer at units because of the knowledge and experience they lack (not necessarily their fault!)

I'm waiting to hear about Kevan's replacement, will post when I know unless someone beats me to it.

Cheers,
N

"Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to..."