PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'God Told Me To Invade Iraq' - Bush
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2005, 14:56
oojamaflip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It makes it rather awkward to launch a war on Islamic fundamentalist terrorism when you can't honestly say that you are doing so from a secular and unbiased starting point.

Despite what I see on the TV, all of the Americans I've ever met have been intelligent and kind-hearted people - if sometimes a little naive about other people's cultures. It has always amazed me that George W. Bush could ever be elected, let alone twice. A man of less than than average intelligence and exceedingly poorly travelled when elected, a good example of his religiously skewed politics was the administration's naming of the war on terrorism 'Operation Righteous Crusade' - not exactly guaranteed to ensure the support of many Islamic nations. That name fortunately didn't last long. He seems incapable of understanding that whilst the American way is perfectly fine, not everyone signs up to it.

I find myself embarassed that the leader of the free world is 'hearing voices'. What would he do if God told him that all non-believers must be punished?

The only comfort is that the US constitution fortunately limits Bush to two terms and will effectively allow the voters to be protected from themselves. The next person in the hotseat has a lot of work to do to restore American credibility, especially in the middle East.