PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal Brunei
Thread: Royal Brunei
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2005, 14:52
Sook Mi Oph

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Guys,

This is my first post. I feel obliged to write on this subject because of the cr.p that I have been reading on this post and when I say cr.p I mean all the negativity I read.

I have been a pilot for some time with RBA now and believe that I should shed some light on the subject to the "outsiders" reading these threads of whether it is good or bad being part of RBA. I have loved every minute living in Brunei and working for their national carrier. It is a great opportunity for guys to get a Command on a jet and earn some money that is not obtainable thru GA.

Anyway, to all you young gents thinking about applying for a job with RBA to increase your experience levels (and we all know you gotta start somewhere), I truly believe RBA is a great steeping stone or even to stay on as I am. The training is awesome as are the people you will meet here. OK things could be better, but I have friends in all airlines and things can be better anywhere you go. Yes RBA could pay a little more, and the rostering could be a little bit better but hey who doesn't have something bad to say about where they are employed. Yes management could stick up for its pilots a lot more and a couple of the managers should not really be in their positions but hey get over it. You can either choose to be bitter like some or enjoy life.

RBA is great as long as you are not the bitter and twisted type.

Last edited by Sook Mi Oph; 8th Oct 2005 at 11:43.