PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Types of managements at EVA & CAL...
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2005, 10:18
etops777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Types of managements at EVA & CAL...

The texts below is just an example of how the company is run in Taiwan. Threats managements!!!!

I note with interest and disgust the latest posting of a Green Tail Teller article by Captain Manzano from the 747 fleet. I find it both demeaning and threatening and will likely serve no purpose but to "piss off" his troops.

Examples of the message:

"Aside from the above mentioned event, there have also been other discipline events like not using reflective vest for walk around, one pilot dismissed from the company for failing alcohol breath test, improper language on ATC frequency and pilots missing flight assignments.

"Common denominator for the above mentioned events is lack of discipline. The lack of discipline to follow set policies and SOPs that are in place to capture the errors consequential to the threats.

"It is unfortunate that these events have placed our fleet in a bad light.

"To enable us to monitor and strengthen fleet performance, we plan to increase the number of spot checks and line inspections. So, you can expect Tony Lin, David Keng, Perry Poon, James Kuo or myself to join your flight or simulator sessions unannounced.

"Additionally, we have also made arrangement with Check Airmen from other fleets to conduct spot checks and line inspection for us.

" There may be other changes to follow with the aim of improving our performance. This will be announced accordingly.

" In the meantime, we want you to understand and be aware that everything we do has its consequences. It can be a credit for a job well done or the discipline that follows a violation or incident. We must understand that this is a fact. Please think twice before doing anything. "

I suppose "floggings will continue until morale improves."

Edited by ButtCaptain on October 03 2005 at 10:26pm