PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rishworth or Parc or ContractAir or whoelse???
Old 6th Oct 2005, 15:33
Airbus Jockey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TAC On

Get off your high horse and do a search on my posts where I clearly state I WOULD NEVER WORK FOR AN AGENCY

But what I said about the salaries is true. You get the market standard and then the fee goes on top of that.
It is a fee per month, every fool know that. The contract they sign clearly states that the total fee transferred to a B737 captain for example is US$8500 of which US$7500 is the captains salary
and US$1000 is for the agency. That is not skimming as the fee is negotiated on top of the wage.

I don't like the agencies because they don't and can't protect you. I had terrible trouble when the airline started unilaterally changing the terms and conditions of the contract I signed. The agency basically said tough and f**k off annoying me........But I do know how they work as I flew on contract before but I never will again. I see what's happening in India and it's all a big sham, pilots are
getting screwed all over the joint.

And they're robbing the airlines in Japan. I can't figure it out why the Japs let them get away with this....

You're wrong about the legal status as well I'm afraid....It does matter how the terminology is worded, a contractor has completely different rights then an employee. The law will back that up providing the conditions are adhered to.