PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How racist are EK F/D?
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2005, 13:36
dingding

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sheikh,

This is really getting ridiculous! Do you just enjoy kicking and shouting at everyone and everything?
Is this the only way of "venting" your anger??
My goodness!!
It's really turning pathetic now!
(probably more pathetic that I waste my time writing this...)

How racist is the flight deck??? What a strange, generalising comment! And so non-original!!

Especially, putting it all on the Europeans...

Why can't you just accept the fact that not all people get along. Then be professional and get on with it! Certain nationalities have certain "trades" and are mostly joked about. Mine as well! and do I take offence?? No! I just laugh about it!

I perceive racism throughout Dubai, people looking down on me, because I'm a westerner.. And those people haven't even spoken to me and know me.. Do I get pissed off?? Yes! Because I find it disrespectful, but at the end of the day, they are the ones who have to look themselves in the mirror!

So all I've decided, years ago, when I moved here and found out that there are certain nationalities who don't respect other peoples' nationalities, is that it's intolerance, due to a pile up of cultural incomprehensionl.

I think you might have caught that intolerance as well, however towards the flight deck.
I do hope you have heard some of the crew talk about the flight deck, without having spent time with them/talked to them, just because they are from a certain nationality.
This is also disgracefull behavior.

And for the record, I'm not flight deck, I don't date flight deck and I'm not married to one!

I thought we were the oasis in the sky and should keep discovering,
Try and discover that if you don't generalise and talk to people, that the majority isn't that bad!!!