PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rishworth or Parc or ContractAir or whoelse???
Old 6th Oct 2005, 13:04
TAC On

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airbus Jockey

Are you a contract company masquerading as a pilot, cos a lot of what you say is absolute crap.

The contract companies with whom I have dealt, take all the cash and dish out that which you have agreed. They do not get a specific fee per month from the Airline. They take a percentage of your salary.

They have no interest in protecting your rights or position as they have you as a captive. It is not uncommon to get no response to enquiries or concerns. The contract company is more interested in staying tight with the Airline, as there are few airlines but plenty of pilots. Simple economics really.

I have been lied to, stolen from, sacked, and extorted by contract companies. Have taken one to court and recieved a favourable ruling with respect to theft of salary.

Won't skim your salary! Bollocks. Some will skim at every possible opportunity. There is one in the US that recently skimmed 10% off a safety bonus supposedly directed in toto to its pilots. What the F#$%k contribution might that organisation have had to safety. Skimming payout of accrued leave is another frequent scam.

With respect to your status. My previous contract specifically stated that I was an employee of the contract company. This position is supported by British case law. It dosen't matter a rats arse what you and the contract company agree, if you are subject to British Law Precedents, you are an employee of the contract company.

Having said that, I have been happy with my experiences with PARC, 1993-1995, and Cambridge Communication, 2004- present. Both have behaved honourably, and fulllfilled all that was contracted for. The others? Try searching this site for enteries on IAC Pacific, Rishworths, and BIU.

Don't trust the bastards. Get everything in writing and do not accept anyones word as to what will happen and how things are going to work. They won't!

Caveat Emptor

Tac On