PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia: Training, Licence Conversion, Job Prospects
Old 6th Oct 2005, 02:45
overpitched

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alright DV alright keep ya shirt on

Withh 3000 hrs and the sort of experience you describe I will assume that at least 1000 of that is turbine (Very important here)

You could get a start in most general GA companies with approx starting salaries of between $40,000 - $60,000 depending on the companies. Places like Australian Helicopters, Jayrow, Heliwork being at the bottom end of the starting scale with companies like Helicopters Australia being at the higher end

You could tour to New Guinea if you've got the long line time with a start around $80,000 month on month off

The media is pretty much a closed shop, money's alright but not much flying.

In the south of the country there can be a bit of fire work around thru companies like Commercial or Heliaust usually on a casual basis with day rates starting around the $300-$400 + hourly rate for flying. Can be good money depending on the fire season.

There are permanent jobs around at the moment and with your hours you should be able to pick up some casual work in most of the capital cities if you do the leg work. Summer is generally a better time for that I think.

Now... Do you want me to write the resume for you as well ??