PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ballot counted: BA Cabin Crew support industrial action if EG300 Imposed
Old 6th Oct 2005, 00:05
keeperboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am neither in support, or against a new sickness policy.

I voted 'YES' to supporting industrial action, because as it stands, EG300 is un-fair to cabin crew.

However, I really think BASSA and BA need to address a system to sort out the constant skivers. Those who can't get the leave to look after their kids so they go sick. Those who don't like going to dar es salaam so they go sick.

The 'disretion' bit of EG300 really needs to be a bit more specific. I think it needs to state, in black and white, that if you have a certified broken limb, surgery, or for example chicken pox (like the engineer above) that these illnesses will not be counted towards trigger points.

If this was agreed, I wouldn't have a problem with EG300. But the management simply won't agree to it, stating that it would be covered by management 'discretion'. Unfortunately within the cabin crew community there are issues with trust between managers and their crew. We know that their pay is performance related, which their teams attendence forms a part of. So how liberal will their discretion be?

Once these issues are addressed and what exactly consitutes a trigger illness and what does not, I will support EG300. Until then, I will support industrial action.