PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ballot counted: BA Cabin Crew support industrial action if EG300 Imposed
Old 5th Oct 2005, 20:38
ornithopter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gladrags - thanks for your reasonable reply, I was expecting more of a flaming!

I do agree with you - I cannot find much good to say about your management and I really do appreciate the lack of trust you guys have. My post isn't intended to defend them. What I cannot stand though is the constant stand off between BA management and BASSA.

BASSA's publications (letters, newletters, posters etc) are often so inflamatory and single minded and in the case above just pain untrue. I just wish there would be more understanding instead of face offs all the time. That way I wouldn't have to worry about another needless strike and both the crew and company would be better off. I cannot belive some of what BASSA "defends" supposedly on your behalf and how damaging they can be - while at the same time many of your colleagues will defend them to the death.

I certainly wouldn't want your scheduling agreement or pay structure and I'm afraid I hold most of BASSA with a deep distrust.

In this case I do not want to see more disruption, loss of revenue, worry about longterm prospects etc for something which all other staff members have applied to them.

We do need to stop dishonest sickness, while at the same time supporting those who are genuinely sick - the current process is not that good, but negatioation is the key. If BASSA demonstrated that within their ranks dishonest sickness was unacceptable, that would certainly help and there would be less need for the policy in the first place.

Allied to that is your poor leave and days off situation, but some intelligent changes to what BASSA defends as "your agreements" would benefit both sides and probably negate the need for a policy in the first place.