PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FYI Jetconnect are Recruiting (Long and Short haul)
Old 5th Oct 2005, 05:54
HOOVA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
These "Strike Breakers"

You know what I am still having trouble getting my head around.....I thought that to be a "strike breaker" there has to be strike?? I am aware that there was talk of a possible strike...that never eventuated because there was an agreement made between the FAAA and Qantas that may or may not have suited all parties but can you tell me with an organisation as large as Qantas and other organisations as large will everone be in total agreement. From my knowledge there were a group of Australians that were given the opportunity of a life time and yes not under the most fantastic of circumstances to fulfill a life time dream. And at the end of a short training and for some during training the opportunity was taken away. If there was such a thing as a perfect world the reason for their employmet would not have arrose - but for those with there heads out of the clouds- Qantas is a buisness and as such is there to make some sort of a profit and yes this does come at the detriment of the employee at times - ( but in fact they still have it comparetly quite good ) So yes there are some Aujstralians that now reside in New Zealand that have been trained twice for the one job. I take my hat off to these people who have the guts to take there dream to the enth degree to achieve what there heart desires. AND TO ALL THOSE NAY SAYERS If you think that what happened to Ansett and all its employees could not happen to other airlines - think again - as airlines are collapsing all the time....it is not our right to work any job but our good fortune to be selected for the position by the company. As an ex Ansett employee I would have done the same thing to get back in the air to do the job of a life time and I congratulate those who did - and who succeeded. And I have had the fortune to fly with these so called LAZY aussies and I can say that thet are not all like that but alas there are some that are - but there are some main liners that fit that bill - as well as some kiwis that do to - as I mentioned before this is a big company and you get all types.....so if you cant stand the heat people GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN