PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So now the other boot finally drops - SQ shows its hand.
Old 13th Mar 2002, 15:57
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb

If there is ANY SQ involvement in an Aussie domestic airline, my money would be riding on a Virgin-SIA partnership using the ex-AN terminal space and lounges, rather than SQ venturing out alone.. .. .Branson - thru' Brett Godfrey - has a winning thoroughbred's track record with Virgin Blue, and the name Ansett has become a liability in the eyes of the Aussie public (for 6 or 12 months), and would be viewed as a "toe in the water" that would quickly be retracted in unfavourable trading circumstances (apapro FLEW).. .. .Sorry to differ with you on this one EWL, but I tend to think that you might be viewing the Ansett-SQ "thing" through misty, rose-coloured glasses at this point in time. . .. .I still push the barrow that ANY interest SIA might superficially appear to have in a domestic Oz airline, is with a view to obtaining extra overseas destinations for themselves (SQ) - because of their own inability to do so (as a Singapore owned & registered airline - rather than any oncarriage.