PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leaving CAL
Thread: Leaving CAL
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2005, 09:24
fender

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ahhh Kap. Apart from that last crapy sentence you had to put in, I agree with you. We work real hard, we work long and we are our own worst enemy... Aircraft are easy to fly.... I was leaning more on the reliability side of aircraft of today and EFIS makes for a hell of alot more situational awareness than what we call steam driven stuff..This lends itself to companies taking a RISK and employing ,"more junior,less experienced pilots for less money." For gods sakes, I saw it in VB and Jetstar..
There are heaps of jobs around and thats why I just up and left CAL. I can go to India tomorrow and get 4 jobs with good pay..Really good pay.. I am lucky that I can do that.. But how can I put sh*t on some young dude/es starting their career who just gets offered a job flying an airline for less money. Its bloody human nature. I dont like it one bit but I repeat,...you get shafted enough times you have no choice but to join the wolf pack or walk away and "sit behind a desk..blab blab."
All said and done though, If you got a 100% loyal non corrupt union I'll be the first to join..