PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia: Training, Licence Conversion, Job Prospects
Old 3rd Oct 2005, 23:53
chopperpug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I totally agree Big Mike. The operation where i am is normally two pilots, however the other guys left a month ago because he felt that it wasn't busy enough for him. Since he left the flying has doubled. Talk about good luck huh? Anyway. While i realise that 25k is bugger all and that it will not help the industry if we all keep getting paid so little.... I do take into account that I don't have to pay for anything other than beer, and my loan repayments, with that money. If you add the accom., car, power etc all to it, I'm not getting too much under the award i don't think. (correct me if I'm wrong, but i think the award is around 40k for GA heli?) Also the company does look after me when I want something. They flew my parents all over the country side in our fixed wing, and I can take friends (i.e. cute little scandanavian backpackers) flying if i want. But as in all things my time here has come to an end, and there will be vacancies for two young guys up here next year.
Oh....and the rates we run up here are actually higher than most. But we still get our share of the work! Makes you wonder why some of the other guys are squeezing themselves so hard when people will pay the higher rate anyway.

Last edited by chopperpug; 4th Oct 2005 at 00:24.