PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - b747 incident at Nairobi (merged)
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2005, 18:48
matkat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hang on, Canadair,

I flew for AAI for several years on their B747 fleet, pax and freight, 100s, 200s and 300s, and got them out of several tight situations in my time!

All I managed to get in return was a severe kick in the teeth each time, or totally ignored, after the crisis was over and I was no longer needed.

I left them in eary 2003 from their KL base, and never looked back!

I know quite a bit about the operations of AAI, and also know that the aircrews are the only thing holding the company together!

I don't like them at all either, not one bit, and let anybody thats interested know that, and exactly how that fact came to be!

FD I also worked for Them and did not like Them either but that is hardly the point,My point about 411As post was that He ALWAYS blames the maintenance as I was involved in the maint.for over 4 years I know all about it,i think 411A has forgotten about the Nigeria "incident" and not to forget a certain Capt who could not get any of His A/Ps to engage(all 3) so dumped fuel (Jed-Indonesia)only to discover the manual command knob was at one side and the Crew who had an engine flame-out and forget to turn the fuel off which overtemped the engine(approaching MAD) a certain other Canadian Pilot who tried to line up on the landing runway at Las Vegas(I was in the cockpit of that one)I could go on and on but You know, know one is perfect We have to get away from the blame everything on maintenace culture after all how many times have You seen maint.come on here and blame the flight Crew?and lastly the tail scrape(EMA?)I guess that was caused by maint. also!!!!