PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Outing a Walt!
Thread: Outing a Walt!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2005, 16:14
Dan Winterland

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Sounds like this Walt is not in a position of responsibility, and the level of his'bullsh!t' is fairly low grade. From my experience, Walts who are in a position of responsibility are a potential risk. Here's some of the cases I've known.

A pilot who was a complete bullsh!tter. He was unaware of his limitations bth in his general life and in the air. He crashed an aircraft.

A pilot in a UK charter company who had a fairly impressive logbook from his days in the RAF. Only that when he went for a command in the company and his logbook was put under more scrutiny, it turned out he was actually an Air Trafficker, his logbook was pure fabrication and he didn't have anything like the hours he said he had.

An OC Accounts (a true Walt and master bullsh!tter) who was giving me grief over a paperwork irregularity in an imprest. He was soon after fond to have helped himself to a hundred thousand US dollars from the staion safe.

In my experience, Walts are a liability. A bit of 'experience ellaboration' isn't a crime, but it can lead to other things.