PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sumburgh SAR Incident?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2005, 11:45
Presstransdown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am disgusted at the hysterical diatribe on this thread and I would not normally stoop so low to reply.

However:

I am fully aware of the incident and the abuse is directed towards a very capable and experienced ex forces pilot who, as far as I am aware, always takes the safety of the winchman/casualty very seriously.

It was indeed a serious incident and the AAIB are being fully involved. You cannot pull the wool on the AAIB/CAA! Or the HUMS
Plus you own report direct to the CAA if you wish

The impression given in these posts is that he has wantonly abandoned the crewman/survivor’s safety for no good reason.

It concerns me that if there was a perceived lack of training or CRM in the run up to this incident then why it has not been addressed. Surely you cannot hoodwink the whole crewmen team into flying with someone who is persistently below standard year after year? Is that what you are saying?

My experience is that rear crew are not backward in coming forward if things are not going right either during training or before a winching task.

Surely we do dummy after dummy until its judged safe to winch.

It obviously went pear shaped on the lift and he did what was best at the time to save the aircraft and rest of the crew following some sort of problem.

I also know that the Pilot is big enough and ugly enough to take criticism directly as he has requested. Not foul mouthed hysterical abuse second hand.

If there is anything that we can all learn ( and I am sure there is) then lets here it, and if you must use this forum lets behave like professionals.