PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moving threads to Spotter's corner
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2005, 00:03
PTH needs tarmac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danny,

Thanks for coming up with a more equitable solution to the problem.

I added my comments against the moving of some threads and not others but I also quite agree that there have been many posts that were not appropriate for AA&R (or PPRuNe for that matter).

With nearly 100,000 registered PPRuNe members I suspect many people have joined without really understanding it's role. I'm not an aviation professional myself but I hope I am still able to make coherant contributions from a position of understanding and knowledge.

Going through threads post-by-post sounds a lot of work for the Mod team so I will repeat my suggestion of placing a Sticky thread (for a while at least) reminding posters on AA&R of it's scope and directing that question like those highlighted by AndyHUY be placed in Spotters spot or on one of the many dedicated Spotting E-lists or web-forums. After all, posters wanting those sort of answers are more likely to receive them by placing the question in the most appropriate place.

Danny & Mods: Thanks for all the good work - I just hope you have less of it to do!

PTH