PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moving threads to Spotter's corner
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2005, 09:20
Andy_S

Received 67 Likes on 35 Posts
Unfortunately, many of the "happenings" threads are full of anything but...... For example, I found this on the Humberside Happenings thread:

I would love to see FR at HUY! I dont think DSA would have an impact on it at all! If they did choose HUY they would be able to market themselves in such a way that people from south and particulrly west yorks would make up for the shortfall! I hope that they do operte HUY and if so i hope they make the most of the fact that there is no competition there at all! I want to see routes like Dublin, Barcelona Gerona, Murcia, Rome, London, Paris BVA, Rome etc...
Now I'm sorry, but this is not news, and it's not a rumour. It's an enthusiast fantasising about what he'd like to see happen at his local airport. I'm interested in hearing aviation news, information which is on the record but may not reach a wider audience without forums like PPRuNe, and I'm always interested in listening to well informed rumours and gossip. But stuff like the above is just white noise which puts me right off. And don't even get me started on the groups of rival airport enthusiasts who use this forum for proxy wars....

timmcat - I'm with you 100%. I'm pretty sure that many of those who are moaning are NOT aviation professionals, and do not contribute to PPRuNe in any material way. Nor do they seem to have any respect for the mods, who (I assume) look after this site unpaid and in their own time. The outburst of self righteous indignation that has occured in some quarters really leaves a bad taste in the mouth.