PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New zealand Training and uk Conversions
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2005, 08:29
coolguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NZ no difference

Hi,

It sounds like the NZ convertion is cheaper but once U work out the cost of your training in NZ , there is only a small difference from the JAA and the NZ.

If your intention is to fly and work in EU then the cheapest is to get a cheap FAA.the reason I mention cheap FAA is not because I hate the system . American training is good but everybody knows that the weather saves lots of time and money in US . The living cost, flying cost is cheaper and you save lot of time and money once U go to UK to convert the license. No matter whther u done your training in NZ, Aussi or any CAA country the bottom line is you need to have another £10,000-14.000 to do your convertion to get hold of the JAA Frozen ATPL with the MCC endorsment. MCC is a Mandotary requirment to join an Airline in any EU Airline.

Anybody should be lucky to finish the training in NZ since it takes 2- 3 years to do the 0 Hrs to CPL/MEIR with the delays in the system ( Examiner bookings ) weather etc etc. NZ is a beautiful COuntry no doubt about that with Great Instructors and a very good technical background. Some of the Airfields are awasom and a great experience to land on those since you will not come across them in UK.

So if U want to save money time and to convert the license to JAA and want to live and work in EU , then NZ-JAA route is not the best ,,, try FAA. PM me if u need more since I have done flying in both parts of this world.

Regrds

COOL