PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The real VNE (moved from J B for more input)(and merged)
Old 30th Sep 2005, 15:16
SoundBarrier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bbsq,

I think this site is great for asking questions and getting some good (actually fantastic) insight into the practicalities and therories of flying.

You are right for posting questions and trying to learn, good on ya. The issues that the others, including myself, seem to have had with your posts is that the flying scenarios you outline are extremely dangerous. Not just to yourself but others as well (since you seem to use a shared aircraft)

I have learn't so much from others mistakes and I hope not to learn something from one of your mistakes if you become a statistic. While the replies to your posts may seem harsh and unhelpful to you, they are correct in stating, "Don't go there". If you look into it further everyone has been trying to help you live a little longer albeit if they're abrupt.

I therfore have a few suggestions for you;
1) I emplore you to seek an instructor for your aerobatics
2) Don't fly at Vs +5 only 30' above the runway unless you're entering the flare to land
3) Do experiments as high as you can, in the right type of a/c with a certified experienced instructor
4) Learn to love the rule book. It may be a pain in the ass, but at least you're alive to feel that pain! It's keeping you alive (and anyone else who uses an aircraft after you)

Flying is fun and exhilirating so go out there and enjoy it but for Godsake heed the warnings that the what you call self appointed FAA are giving you.