PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The real VNE (moved from J B for more input)(and merged)
Old 30th Sep 2005, 10:11
chuks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Columbia?

I used to live in Columbia, District of. Or do you mean that country normally known as Colombia?

Some of the stuff you claim to be doing is rather dangerous, in my opinion. That it is illegal is without a doubt, just in terms of intentionally operating outside the aircraft's limitations. You post this stuff here asking for comments, which you get. If you don't like the answers, well, tough!

Speaking just for myself, I was lucky to outgrow that phase of sometimes thinking that rules and limitations were just some sort of paper exercise not applicable to such whizzes as self. You still seem to be there, just judging from what you have written here.

There are a lot of dumb things we might do that are so dangerous the odds of surviving to learn from them are too high. Motoring along a runway below Vs while yawing the aircraft is an open invitation to the poor, provoked thing to turn around and BITE you by flipping over on its back with no chance to recover. This is not rocket science but a well-established fact.

I always wonder, when out riding in the rain, just how much wet-weather grip my motorcycle's tires have, today. Good question, but there's only one way to answer that, getting right out there on the ragged edge and then hoping to catch the resulting slide. No problem if you happen to be Valentino Rossi, but me? So I usually slow down a bit.

Same way, I once watched Bob Hoover putting a Rockwell Shrike through a routine where he did a series of loops with both engines feathered. Somehow, though, this did not awake in my breast the desire to attempt this. Aerobatics in an aerobatic aircraft with an instructor is about as far as I have got. Boring, I know, but I have a wife and two children. And you?