PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 206 Down in Tanzania
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2005, 09:01
Zedd

Bitter and twisted

Lets deal with the issues here in the correct order.

1. The PIC has a lot of hours on C206 and has flown out of some of the toughest strips you can imagine. She did this for years and I have absolutely no doubt about her competance. Two forced landings is unlucky but the fact that on both occasions she pulled them off speaks volumes about her abilities.

2. Mike is known for being a difficult person. On arriving in Arusha I heard a lot of comments about him, many not too nice. However, he is a very good pilot (this not coming from him but from the examiner who does his renewals and from the people with whom he works) and he works VERY hard. There are a lot of bad operators around; dont even get me started on people in Zambia and Botswana. At least Mike pays and is actively involved.

3. Safety.. well what can I say. The aircraft definately flew with one wing down, which is not a rigging problem (result of STOL kit) but could be rectifed by remedial rigging. This did not, and could not cause an engine failure! (Pulling off the forced landing with the wing down problem makes it all the more impressive.)

4. Air Excel is not the only company to have engine problems this year. Another company had 3 and the servicing was done at a different AMO. Perhaps there is another cause.

5. Riccardo I understand you being bitter and twisted.. but you should be less emotional about it all!