PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The real VNE (moved from J B for more input)(and merged)
Old 30th Sep 2005, 05:13
Malissa Fawthort

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well so far barbershopquartets I've been really impressed with your posts! I hope you own the aircraft that you have apparently been abusing. If not, I hope you have been reporting all of your "episodes" so that the next poor sucker who flies the beast has at least had the engineers investigate them and determine whether or not they are still airworthy.

So you bought a book on "how to do aerobatics" eh? It seems that you may have previously bought a book on "how to fly an aircraft" too! You didn't say in your
on the first two or three I simply wan't giving enough back stick on the entry and by the time I returned to wings level found myself in the yellow arc and about 30 degrees nose down
but I suppose you did remember to throttle back when you realised you were a bit nose down eh?

As far as owning the aircraft is concerned, that also applies to your
For quite some time now i've been practicing my back of the drag curve moves and find that with full flap and around 70% power, I can sit there hanging off the prop and fly down the runway at around 12 inches and an IAS of 25-30kts.

For my next performance, I wanted to start exploring the manoeuvreing capabilities in this configuration. To date the limit of my exploration has been gentle rudder turns about 20 degrees either side of centreline. As the wing is stalled in this manoeuvre and the majority of lift is coming from the prop, I leave the ailerons alone and work entirely in the vertical axis.

From someone out there who knows this stuff a little better than me, what are the things I need to be aware of and what's going to bite me? What's a safe threshold when it comes to a rate of turn? How far can I push this?