PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The real VNE (moved from J B for more input)(and merged)
Old 30th Sep 2005, 02:30
barbershopquartets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, unfortunately no test pilot salary for me. This actually came about a couple years back when I was dying to get an aeros approval (mind the pun) but just couldn't afford to pay for one. By chance one day I came across a 'how to' book on aerobatics and had just started a job where I only carried pax one way.

So on the return leg to my home base I used to take a little time out and teach myself a few basic moves. The moment(s) in question first came about when I was learning how to do barrel rolls - on the first two or three I simply wan't giving enough back stick on the entry and by the time I returned to wings level found myself in the yellow arc and about 30 degrees nose down.

Reverting to some wise advice i'd one received, I rememberd that the real damage at high speed is caused by excessive g loading as opposed to pure wind velocity, eased out of the dive slowly and found 190kts as per the above.

If only I could say that was the dumbest thing I ever did....