PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why would anyone want the UN to investigate a helicopter crash?
Old 29th Sep 2005, 22:30
Cyclic Hotline

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Westym, you dertainly derive some strange interpretations of the statements that are made here. Most of the items you dispute are your own interpretation of what is written, not what the words actually say.

There is no list that goes on and on.

The accident reports into UN contracted helicopter accidents are kept secret - fact. Unless you know otherwise, and can produce some of these reports to disprove this.

The UN contracts some dodgy helicopters and crews - they are the ones that keep having the accidents - fact.

I have already pointed out to you, that there are any number of legitimate operators that have provided safe and properly managed operations to the UN. Included in that list would be any number of commercial operators, and military organisations. This discussion is about the dodgy ones and the accidents they have.

At NO time, have I (or anyone else on this thread) ever stated that ALL the crews are dodgy - only you have made that observation or reached that conclusion. Although you seem to focus on the RAF and USAF operations, I can assure you that there are many other branches of the military that have provide long and valuable service in support of UN operations. I have no idea what a UK PAOM is?

If you believe that a UN SOP exists, or that many of the member States of the UN have regulations that go beyond a vague recognition of aviation safety, then welcome to the world of commercial aviation. You might want to discuss this with someone who has performed on a variety of UN operations. Better still, you might provide a copy of the UN SOP's, as I assume you must be operating to them?

And finally, regarding the jurisdiction of the investigation of accidents - well, just try and find an accident report and you will find out just who is investigating them, and where the reports go!

You have entered the twilight zone that is UN authority and regulation!