PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - september atpl results
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2005, 18:52
Martin1234

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In a few months' time all ATPL exams in Sweden will be taken on a computer. This will give you the possibility to take the exams whenever you feel like it and not at a predetermined day/time. You will get the result, which you do as of today as well, after you sat the exam and the result could only change for the better pending any appeal. The exams will be taken at approved testing centers with an approved invigilator. I believe that it shouldn't cost more than something in the region of £200 to get an approval of a testing center with one invigilator (which has to attend a one day course). The testing center only needs to use an internet-connected computer with a screen not smaller than 17". The candidate pays one fee to the CAA and one to the testing center which can charge whatever they can or want to.

In spite of a better examination system, I still travel from Sweden to the UK to take the exams because I rather deal with the UK CAA and a UK school. Believe it or not, this has saved me alot of headache. My worst mistake so far was to deal with the Swedish licencing department at all.

VC10 Rib22, the met CD is worth its money and hopefully does the trick to help me to pass the exam. It's a shame that the "punishment" for buying an original and not a copy is that I can't use it in my laptop which doesn't have a cdrom-player.