PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK
Thread: CORK
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2005, 16:43
neidin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can never understand the mania in Cork, Kerry and Knock about USA flights. They are never going to be of volume or big revenue generation.

I think the biggest blow to ORK is the loss of the BA service to Manchester this autumn. A service that ran for 12 years with great frequency and superb connections and it is replaced with a patchy BMIBaby service which is of poor frequency and quality.

So now Cork has poor service to both MAN and BHX. These are the two most important destinations for ORK after the London airports.

Look at SNN - things are worse for them - they now have NO service to MAN of any kind. They also now have NO service to BHX. FlyBe quietly pulled out of SNN at the start of Sep.

So. I guess you can have all the Ryanair flights you want to other airports - but hey if within a few months you do not have decent service from the West of Ireland to MAN or BHX - well that is grim for business people.

Ryanair are going to exert enormous political influence on the Irish Govt. through ORK and SNN airport as they systematically chase the other UK carriers away. Watch what will happen in 2007 before the May Irish Elections when Ryanair will threaten to pull all services from ORK and SNN when the deals are starting to run out and they want to pressure DUB airport.