PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FYI Jetconnect are Recruiting (Long and Short haul)
Old 29th Sep 2005, 09:43
speedbirdhouse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
surfnetb,

the following is a post made by a jetconnect/Qantas AKL based long haul FA just a few days ago.
60 have resigned this year due to poor working conditions.
A little research on your behalf may save you a lot of pain...........

Quote-

"Eastern Boy...
Hey there Eastern Boy,

In regards to your post, were you by any chance in the hotel on the 21st of Sep with that Short Haul Hostie who now flies out of AKL and she was doing a PVG pattern? If so she is also a VERY good friend of mine. (Small World)

In regards to our pay, yes that is also correct, but our pay conditions were alot better before Jetconnect took over us and dwindle our conditions even more again. This is why i am saying that we as AKL crew are sick of it aswell, and are not going to take this bulls''t anymore.

Now that we are pemanent we CAN do something about it, and we are ALL going to stick together and get this done.
At this point in time, roughly 70% of Kiwi AKL based crew are in our union, with only 20% of the new Australian crew in our union.

The harsh fact at the moment in Auckland is that their is a split within our base between alot of kiwi AKL based crew and Australian hired AKL based crew.

As i have stated in another post, only around half of the crew who came over from Australia were strike breakers, and let me also tell you this... You will know who they are when you fly with them.

As i think most would agree, we as AKL crew work very hard, slog our arses off for what we do, and are usually the first to be out their with water, juice or get those call bells... But over time this has dwindled, and even more so since the new crew have come in with SERIOUS issues.

It is a known fact in AKL that these strike breakers are LAZY, GOSSIP, RUDE and down right think the world owes THEM a favour!!!

We were once very PROUD of our base, and even being able to work for Qantas... even just putting on our old uniform and putting it all together, you felt something special.
AKL base has become a place for those who are dis hearted, dont care, and just see it as an 'oppurtunity' to get into SYD base, which i have to say, is never going to happen.

Qantas are also giving us, just like the SYD/BNE/PER/MEL crew the same umbrella.... You either accept what we are doing or we will re-hire people within AUSTRALIA who will do the job and not care about anything, who they are, their dignity, nothing!!!

This is why i ahve said before, we are not going to ACCEPT it, and we need all bases to stick together, regardless of what nationality, base, religion... in order to get to each other lean on one another, gather ideas adn get it sorted... we all do have an education, a brain and we all know damn well we can think outside the square...lets do it...

God bless
Pico_or_goodrich?

PS: Currently word has it two classes are in training in Australia for AKL base, with those applicants selected in Australia.
AKL base will also be hiring another 80 crew very soon...Oct is apparently the case."