PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Pilot Career in Austr./NZ?
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2005, 15:50
Boeing4ever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Pilot Career in Austr./NZ?

Hello everyone,

First, some background info on me: I am currently in High School and am constantly considering and thinking about the best route to becoming a professional pilot, on an international level. I am both a US and a German citizen (and have spent equal amounts of time both in the USA and in Europe), and am currently doing A-Levels in Britain. Through my exposure to both American and European mentalities, I have become somewhat of a mixture of the two, not completely fitting in with either. Therefore, I set my sights to Australia and New Zealand, because my 'research' on your country gives me the impression that it is a mixture of American and European ways of doing/thinking, ideal for me - at least in theory.

Now I gained the impression by reading through this forum that aviation in Australia is quite difficult to get into, as is in both America and Europe. My question to you is if it would make sense for me to come over, or if I would be simply wasting my time trying to find an employer who would employ a foreigner.

My other question is how Australia compares to New Zealand, and where I would find the better opportunities/more open mindedness towards foreigners.

I appreciate your input and ask that it is your true opinion and not a stereotype answer. It is not an easy decision to make when it comes to moving half way around the world and planning to stay long-term.

Thank you in advance,

Marco