PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin/Qantas Recruiting ex-Ansett??????
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2001, 10:54
MT Edelstone56

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engage left autopilot,
my sincere apologies,integrate poor choice of words & poor CRM.To prevent misunderstanding what I meant was an ex-AN crewmember who gets through your interview & training process will very unlikely be an upstart,overbearing,overiding & not fitting into your culture.They should be quite good to crew with,have drunk with many of your colleagues on o/n and as with all the percentages of life,in most cases great people.NASA shuttle pilot starts at the bottom of your pile as I understand,not a bad prospect after coming from a system were promotion was never understood.No offence to AN CRJ promotion critera,whatever it was-or matters now.

The Prisoner
many AN pilots wouldn`t fit into VB for a variety of reasons but many would.There are some exceptional blokes out there and no doubt your bosses will sort them out & pick them up.People adapt-fighter pilots become s/o`s,as do cropdusters,regional pilots and the pilots stuck out bush-what is the difference from an ex-AN pilot with the appropriate attitude?
I must admit though,if I were a VB f/o and they were taking direct entry Capt I would have your sentiments.Please don`t jump down my throat,the last scenario may not be credible,I`m am a pilot too and can empathise with those fears.