PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin/Qantas Recruiting ex-Ansett??????
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2001, 10:05
Mr Seatback 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

King G V,

What's with the cabinboy/girl thing?? Was that a vague attempt to be funny??? Well?

As for QF hiring AN people, this is true at Sydney Airport...have seen many of my AN mates working temp CSO jobs with their QF counterparts...seems to be working well, especially since the flights are chockers (well, my ones are!!)

Oh, and by the way King G, I second Sonique on that one - if you knew how airlines operated (in the commercial sense of the word), you'd understand the how's and why's QF and VB charge the fares they do. All the cheap seats have been sold out - all that's left are the expensive, refundable ones...get it?? Supply and demand my friend - been that way for many years, and not likely to change (yes, VB have similar fares too - not as expensive, but then who else flies to PER right now???)

Besides, you have to turn a profit somehow - QF have been charging those fares JUST LIKE ANSETT DID for yeeeeeeears!! Nothings changed, except now the red rat is loaded up out of every single port and there's nothing left but the full economy seats...what, you expect them to drop their fares?? How the hell do you turn a profit on $289 to PER?? Imagine if everyone on a 763 service to PER ex SYD bought a fare at that price??? PROFIT?? WHERE???

You'll notice that not many - if any at all - QF shareholders complain about fares - because it's these fares that turn the annual dividend...chi-ching, thank you very much!!!

And that's me off my soapbox till the next debate!