PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin/Qantas Recruiting ex-Ansett??????
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2001, 16:02
MT Edelstone56

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good day Hugh Jarse
not once in my post did I command a position in your airline for myself or my colleagues.I said I would be appreciative of an opportunity of the interview process.Many AN crew would not have aspirations to fly with QF/VB but those that do and those that pass the rigours of the selection process,would very professionally integrate into your system and your flight deck,whether sitting beside or behind you.
It was your CEOs that publically stated they were willing to take on large numbers of AN staff.My fear was that was a political stunt to mittigate the public perceptions of corporate sharks in the aviation industry and hence have our hopes of working in the Australian airlines dashed.The ex-AN guys that get through to your flight deck will be professional and likely to be easy and enjoyable to work with.
In terms of `making the grade` I think the following should be remembered.I know many blokes who missed out on AN interviews but were successful with QF/VB,blokes who missed out on CX but were successful with Qantas.Now there are ex-AN who will no doubt miss out on QF/VB through the interview process.Lets face it,like a sim or flight on the line,anyone can have a bad day.
Don`t take this the wrong way HJ but by the sounds of your psuedonym you have been sitting in that left hand seat a long time.How do you think you would go `making the grade` in another airline?For some,me included,it brings back the anxiety of many years ago in GA wondering the same.
Finally,I think like many friends in QF/VB, you would be great to work with.