PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - South African ATC Terms and Endearment (Merged)
Old 28th Sep 2005, 07:57
nailman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi again Sandpit King

The salary they offer is equel to a PATC in SA with 5 years experience, so I think they are looking at some one with about that much experience. I am not sure about relocation.

Working conditions are not to bad. In BL and JHB they have the new SAAATS system which is a Eurocat system same as AUS system. This is not a bad system cuts down your liason. JHB Intl is a very busy centre and BL and EL is moderate stations.

In BL you have some schedule flights(SA Express,AirLink, A/C types CARJ;DHC8;JS41 and military flights(there is a military training school for chopper pilots, AlC types AS32;Alo3;Agusta) you also get other military flights in and BL is situated in the centre of SA you also work two TMA's and some times combined twr/app.

EL is on the east coast with mainly schedule flights mainly low cost airlines flying in there now.(A/C types B732,3,8; DC9; DHC8;CARJ;JS41) that is just some of the main a/c I can think of. There is also a popular training school close to EL 43 Airschool. In EL they also have radar but not same as other stations yet.

SA is not that bad, being in the UAE for a few months now and where I am stationed I would rather work in SA, they are much more organised. The company has ISO status aswell. The only benefit in this place is that fuel and cars and some day to day stuff are cheaper but some times its not worth it.

Hope this can help. I can send you an e-mail if you want more detailed info if you like.