PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot wannabe! Am I deluded?
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2005, 22:25
markflyer6580

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi chaps. iam 25 and currently taking the modular route. i also have wife 2 kids,2 cars and a cat! I chose the modular route because although i was accepted on to the intergrated course at cabair i could only afford the course and not to live for the year. hsbc will lend for a modular course,when i applied i hadn't even chosen a school! i was fortunate in that i have a lot of equity in my house to secure the loan and put it on mortgage if i do not get a job within 6 months of finishing. i have also dropped to working part time so i can finish training still within a year.my wife is a student so money will be tight however when applying for the loan i factored in living expenses to cover the loss of earnings.i did ppl here in approx 7 wks now on to atpl theory.my figures for the bank were based on the multiflight package i.e 30k full time modular plus living.(i am not at multiflight though due location) my advice- give it a go i went in the raf as a tech and spent all day watching the pilots swan by thinking that should be me! only live once etc