PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Korean Air Pay Cuts Looming
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2001, 18:55
ELAC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Kimchikal ....

I'm as unhappy about the 10% haircut as you are, but your remarks about the role of the assistant chief pilots are way out of line.

I know 3 of these guys quite well, and from that knowledge I do know that they were given little if no warning that this decision had been made. And, despite the lack of requested input from management, I also know that they were active in trying to build a case for other crewing efficiencies as remedy to prevent a paycut for the expat captains. That they were ignored by the Korean's was neither surprising nor due to any lack of effort on their part.

You owe them an apology. If you have any grace at all you'll do it here on this thread.

And while I'm at it, the inference that some of them being Canadian is somehow linked to any of this is an insult I take personally.

For the record only 2 of the assistant chief pilots are Canadian. Two others are American and one is Australian. I'm not sure if the B737-800 has an ACP but I'm sure that there are no Canucks on that fleet.

In any event your slur against Canadians is totally unacceptable. I suggest you either retract it or name the time at which we can meet on the 8th floor at OC and have a little warm discussion on the nature of your personal national biases.

Is any of the above anything less than perfectly clear?

[ 12 December 2001: Message edited by: ELAC ]