PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS
Thread: EAST MIDLANDS
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2005, 07:52
egnxema

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DC10FAN - I agree with you 100%.

DSA and CVT will undoubtedly have had an impact.

Previously WW have flown EMA-PSA, but this summer it is not available, yet down the road at CVT TOM fly CVT-PSA. I know a number of people from Castle Donington who now travel to CVT or BHX or LTN to get routes they have at times been able to get at EMA.

BCN previously flown by 2 airlines - now not available. etc etc etc.

Nobody connected to the airport is surprised at the figures, but it seems those that work FOR the airport are?! In fact, you can tell things have not been going well this year as the website only displays the monthly pax figs up to Dec04!

Hopefully FR will now be a driving force at EMA.

My view is that EMA has been a BD puppet show for about 20 years too long!

Another thing....while I am ranting.... who enters messages next to flights on the EMA Departures and Arrivals screens? Interesting inconsistency! Anyone around the terminal - or on the website...notice if a BD or WW flight is due to land 15 or 20 mins after the STA the message will probably read "Expected at....", should FR or EZY or T3 ever dare to allow a flight to run a bit behind schedule the message will more likely read "DELAYED".

I do not work for any of the above carriers....but it still annoys me when I imagine someone behind the Information Desk typing in all this stuff while their partner slumbers down at Donington Hall.

And that's all I have to say about that.