PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Role of John Howard in the AN tragedy
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2001, 06:00
Buckred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few points I am led to believe to be correct (don't take my word on it tho!)

-Ansetts owners of recent have all been interested in more immediate profits for an array of reasons.

-Singapore airlines was prepared to take a long term investment approach to build a safe reliable airline for both passengers and themselves as investors.

-Singapore airlines is a rare carrier in that it has no dept and I believe around 2 billion US$ in the bank (probably the only large airline in the world that can call itself stable)

-In the business world it is said Ansett was still trying to do business as it did in the days of rugulations.

-Qantas was aggresively carving out a niche in the upper end of the market while Virgin Blue was aggresively carving out a niche in economy end.

-Ansett was reactionary in its responces (We have done fine up to now, why change whats not broke?)

Now things are broke everyone wants to pass the blame when in fact all sides carry their little bit of responsibility.

Can I ask everyone a question?

Personalities aside which government would better serve the aviation industry in the the long run?