PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Role of John Howard in the AN tragedy
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2001, 05:42
nufsaid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KYBO....no abuse and none intended, I just feel very sorry for the majority of AN staff when I see them being "led by the nose" by the union hacks of the TWU & ACTU. At times like these, most people will cling to anything or anyone that can offer them some hope however don't be blinded by the hype as the underlying political agenda is very different.

As for the Fin. Review not being a "normal" newspaper.....Hmmmmm.... It is just like any other newspaper...ie.written by journos...and pretty much one persons opinion...need I say more?

When it comes to the SIA/ANZ deal on Ansett, don't lose sight of those 2 very important words "pre-emptive right". Unfortunately for the AN staff, the board of directors at Air/NZ exercised that pre-emptive right (call it ego or whatever you like) but that is what happened and the rest is history.
Can't see a different outcome regardless of which political persuasion might have been top of the heap in Canberra.

KYBO, I sincerely hope that you can secure another good job quickly, however looking for someone to blame for this fiasco will not assist you in that endeavour.