PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How much impact does an OAT report have?
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2005, 14:35
CPL_Ace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This report is going out to BA this week along with what I thought was quite a good CV.
Had a shocker in my CPL despite passing. Got the 85% average- and was so relieved to have achieved my goals. My initial urge is to blame my Arizona instructor but I know that you can't do that when it comes to the question they'll ask me at an interview (assuming I get that far).
Of course the responsibility is primarily mine but how would you answer the questions based around cutting comments questioning "Concentration" and "Commitment". How can you prove the report wrong using words at an interview? Why would anyone hire a pilot who as far as they know (as the report is all they have to go on), struggles with these quite vital traits.

I am hoping that my IR instructor will contradict many of these comments for my graduation report. Maybe that could make a difference when it comes to looking at the other airlines?
Bare in mind that airlines have over 50 pilots at a time to choose from at OAT and this report is all they will see.

Last edited by CPL_Ace; 25th Sep 2005 at 15:12.