PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS
Thread: LEEDS
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2005, 22:11
BombardierCR7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LBIA said:

At Last LBA web-site is now listing the 2 new Greece runs operated by the based Astraeus B737 to Rhodes and Heraklion for next summer 2006.
LBIA, What are you insinuating by this comment (and your previous comments) "at last "? Please explain.

The principal charterer (that Rossendale company I dare not mention) eventually signed the dotted line last Friday.

This almosts completes the full AEU program ex LBA for S06. Still in question ist the Fritag (Rossendale principal) DLM that AEU may do in lieu of the TFS as of this year. The Tuesday downtime is (and always was) planned for maintenance.

Congratulations should go to the CD of Astraeus and LBA Marketing for working hard to secure the 3 new Greek routes (yes Zante is not techically new but I think you know what I mean) . Special mention goes to Thomas Cook who now have a small, but comprehensive and low risk programme from LBA. They will also be on the aforementioned DLM if all things are equal. Some significant foundations have been laid this year. Olympic need a mention in ths light too.

The proposed Split (of which there are 3 tour ops proposed on) has been passed from AEU to BMI. They have commited an A320 to this op, but, as yet no signatures on the relevent dotted lines yet. We wait and see on this. Dubrovnik will not happen this year due to the lack of hotel space there.

Egypt and Gambia are not happening this year but may happen for S07.

SO6 will hopefully see a 700 for AEU based subject to their next 757 being delivered to LGW. No aircraft for AEU based for W05/06, but 2 LBA crew sets will still remain to be based mainly operating out of BHX and MAN, but AEU aircraft will make a lot of appearences on the 10 Nice charters, and Transuns day trips during the winter.

So Jet2 have announced 2 out of the 4 new routes then.