PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANTI- ANSETT.. for the press please read.
Old 1st Oct 2001, 05:59
Neil Menzies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hot end and others of the same ilk....

I don't often trawl the muddy waters of PPrune, but just drop in occasionally to see what's out there.

The recent demise of Ansett, and sadder still the demise of one of the Ansett Captains, an old friend of mine, seems to have brought out some of the worst characteristics in us all. Notwithstanding what happened in '89, and the broken lives/families, there is one thing that hits me when I read the posts.

It is the appearance of the same state of mind that caused the mind-blowing events in the States a couple of weeks ago:

a complete and utter inability to forgive.

An extreme analogy, you say?? Perhaps. But think about it.

I'm no Bible bashing Christian, or of any other religious persuasion, but you don't have to be a rocket scientist to work out that unrequited hatred not only kills yourself (slowly), but has the capacity to kill others in even greater numbers.

My point??

The human race cannot keep on going the way we do. Someone, somewhere, someplace is going to have to realise that we have to forgive, forget, and start anew.
It shouldn't have to take the death of a colleague to bring this all out either. God knows there is enough info floating around to tell us what to do. It ranges from the bible to the self-help section of the local bookstore.

Anyone feeling down, depressed, angry, full of hate and bitterness, Please, get some help before any more of us keel over.