PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Importance of ATPL theory results?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2005, 06:09
powdermonkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all
I am in the middle of the ATPL's with first set of exams in October.
I started off with wonderful ideals, thinking that I would not stop until I UNDERSTOOD EVERYTHING, and would not sit the exams until I KNEW EVERYTHING! That little dream faded a few weeks ago, I worked harder at this than anything I have ever done, but I have come to accept, regretfully that on my own and even with as much help online as I can get, I will not fully understand the inner workings of certain instruments, will never fully get all the law and ops procedure, certainly do not give a **** about how long an operator must keep the training records of his gnd staff, etc.etc. Now, all I want to do is pass. There is simply far too much to retain to be fully adept at all 14 subjects, and I know that when all is said and done, these exams will NOT make me the pilot I want and hope to be. It's sad, but true. If the JAA concentrated more on ATPL's becoming simply more than a barrier and made it a more practical exam, reducing the work load to something more manageable then a more realistic exam could be taken. At this stage, I would love my scores in the 90s but a pass will do. I have another 7 to do after this and would really like my life back as soon as possible.!