PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Safety Boss Resigns?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2005, 11:33
Studebaker978

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wish you all the luck you need and hoepfully we will meet eachother once....

Regarding ASRs on fatigue, it is my opinion that all over this regions fatigue is not taken seriously. In all the middle eastern carriers, GF/QR/EK/EY , long haul pilots fly their pants off.

Crossing timezones without limitations, minimum rests because " not acclimatised" according the book, 100hrs a month at FL410 etc...

If then we file an ASR due to fatigue the company panics.

The problem is that an ASR needs an investigation, an official reply and....and ASR has to be kept on file legally for a long period of time. All ASR will be examined in case of an accident/incident and isnurance companies just love to find any pattern in years of ASRs, hoping to blame the company on bases of neglect.

That is why I am 100% sure that in all "our" shiny companies ASR on fatigue are conveniently transformed into PVRs. A PVR does not need investigation, official reply etc and only serves for the company internally. PVR will not be checked in case of disaster.

I think that answers your question on no answer on ASRs, no trace of themin the monthly summaries etc....They officially do not exist!!!

That is why all of us should take copies of all ASRs you write si in case of no answer you at least have some proof.
Maybe you do take copies, all I know is that I see a lot of the colleagues around me who do not have that habbit.

Once more....good luck with the job pursuit....Many more will follow you