PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Safety Boss Resigns?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2005, 11:11
Dissapointed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ASRs

I filed two Fatigue related ASRs, one in July and the other in August. Neither have been reported to us in the emailed summary. On one occasion I was medically deemed unfit to fly due fatigue. On three occassions I have asked for a reply to my comments on the back of the voyage report. No replies have ever been received. On one occasion, back in June, I asked for information from the fleet admin girl, guess what? No reply. I found out the information I needed via an independant source.

I applied for a job last week, I had a reply within four days, and invited for an interview next month. If successful I will go. The company informs me that they currently have over 40 applications from Emirates pilots on file.

The lies, the selective statistics, the ever changing conditions, Dubai, the traffic, the salary level in an ever more expensive place, the insecurity I feel when I have an incident requiring an ASR, and so on.

I would always have preferred to stay and they could so easily have made things better. The airline and its conditions and working environment always compensated for the bad side of Dubai. Now I have now had enough of this place, so will you all please wish me good luck at my interview, I know that I will see at least one of you there!