PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Please leave your mobile phone ON!
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2005, 17:19
BEagle

Received 334 Likes on 116 Posts
To Mr Nigel Turner, bmi:

"Dear Mr Turner,

I read with utter astonishment that bmi are to run a 3 month trial permitting the use of OnAir's voice and text service for cell phones from the cabin of Airbus A320 aircraft during 2006.

I can think of very little else which would serve to worsen the existing misery of short haul air travel than exposure to unrestricted mobile phone users with their irritating ring tones, shouted conversations and general lack of consideration for others. In an airborne environment, I would be unsurprised if it led to increased instances of 'air rage'. The whole notion is utterly crass and I will certainly ensure that I do not travel on any bmi flights should any such idiocy be allowed to continue beyond the trial period.

The only acceptable use for mobile phones would be to restrict them to outgoing calls only - and from within a purpose-built soundproof booth installed in the cabin. But that would require you to give up seat space, so would probably impact upon your revenue stream.

You may feel that the tone of this e-mail is somewhat terse. I assure you that it barely hints at the anger I feel."