PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK
Thread: CORK
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2005, 14:27
lagerlout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tom The tenor, i have followed with interest your posts about cork airport and finally i feel that i must comment.

You have a great deal of knowledge of your local airport and understandably you wish for it to suceed as i do aswell. however some of your recent comments about the Ryanair announcement of a base in ORK are proving to be quite contentious.

i think its too early to make judgements on Ryaniar out of ORK and history dictates that you would do well to wait and see.

It was over two and half years ago when ryanair commented that Liverpool was to be their base of the North West and for some time there was nothing. Now it seems highly likely that our 6th based a/c will be in LPL before xmas serving upwards of 20 destinations.

Remember MOL has an awful lot of orders placed for a/c and with ORK now being offially recognised as a base it stands a great chance of benefiting from this.

Wait and see, do you know if ryanair are on an equally good deal ex ORK as they are from SNN. ???? Either way good news for me an expat visiting "home"

patience Tom is a virtue, give Ryanair time and watch ORK explode into life like LPL has!