PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - more TESNA tap dancing?
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2002, 08:06
Whiskery

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arctaurus - my opinion about Ansett not getting up has nothing to do with '89. It is based on my observations that I published on another thread and reproduce here for your perusal below.

IMHO it is you who should sit back, take a couple of deep breaths and smell the coffee.

[quote]What have Fox & Lew done to show they are really interested in buying Ansett? [apart from no money up front]. .They have a MOU with Airbus for 30 aircraft - so what? [no money up front]

They have an agreement "in principle" for terminal space in Sydney - so what? [no money up front]

They were given the all clear to purchase the airline on the 1st February - nothing has happened. [no money up front]

Do Fox & Lew really want Ansett or did they back the wrong horse in the federal election? You see, nothing so far has indicated to me, that they want to spend one single $ of their own money to get Ansett back in the air.

I think the reality has also hit home that they will not receive any credit when operations start. It will be a cash only basis and who can blame new creditors? Refuelling,catering,cleaning services will ALL require cash up front. BIG ask for a fledgling airline. Mind you, they did it to Compass,[much money up front] so welcome aboard FLEW !

Finally, after bearing his ass in a symbolic gesture as to what Ansett was going to do to Virgin - Fox now has to eat humble pie, as he grovels to Sir Richard to help them get started!

Everything ,thus far, has been done with mirrors and a bit of very poor car salesmen rhetoric from the two Marks and the help from a couple of union stooges! I can't see them getting up IMHO! [without some money up front!]

<hr></blockquote>

Keep the faith:]

[ 21 February 2002: Message edited by: Whiskery ]</p>